Do you have exceptional Cornish language writing skills? Are you looking for ways to put your linguistic flair to good use?
The Go Cornish team are putting out an open call for writers to submit Cornish language articles, for learners to read and enjoy. After a process of selection, the articles may be published on the Go Cornish website.
Before sending us your articles, please take the time to review this page – it should answer any questions you may have about the kind of content we’re looking for and how the submission process works.
- Original submission: Your article must be an original submission, which does not plagiarise other people’s work and has not appeared in other print/online publications (unless permission has been granted).
- Word count: Articles must be 500 words or under, with rare flexibility.
- Article content: You are welcome to submit an article on any subject matter that interests you, as long as it doesn’t focus on the Cornish language itself. It could be a book, theatre or film review, a piece about your favourite hobby, or a Q&A with a local legend. Whatever you like!
- Standard Written Form: All Cornish articles published must be in Standard Written Form. Your submission will be checked over by the Cornwall Council’s Translation Service to ensure it meets these requirements.
- Format: Please submit completed articles in a Microsoft Word document in 12pt Arial font (no pdfs or other formats please), along with any suggested high-resolution images as jpegs or pngs. Please note: we may choose our own visuals, which meet the Go Cornish brand guidelines.
- Short bio: At the bottom of your article, please feel free to write 1-2 lines about who you are and include any links you would like to embed in the article e.g. websites, social media accounts.
- English translation: We are happy to publish Cornish only articles. However, if you would like to help those who are in the process of learning Cornish, please provide an accurate English translation at the bottom of your Microsoft Word document.
- Please email your article and suggested images (in the format outlined above) to email@example.com. You will receive an email to inform you that your submission has been received.
- Your article will be checked over by the Cornwall Council’s Translation Service, to ensure it meets our Standard Written Form requirements. It will also be read by our submissions panel, who will decide whether the article will be published. On some occasions, the panel may make a few suggestions or changes before deciding to publish an article.
- You will be contacted within 1 month of submission, to let you know the panel’s decision. Please note, their decision is final.
- If you are successful, you should see your Cornish article live within 2 months of submission.
If you have any questions on these Editorial Requirements or Submission Guidelines, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
‘Chons da!’ (good luck!).